Friday, February 7, 2014

Confession

A few days ago I started a new blog so I can update everyone on the happenings with Scott and me. Let’s be honest, Scott’s life is pretty boring, school, study, TV, bed, repeat. I’m thinking that once it warms up enough to go outside Scott and I will have more adventures to blog about.  So… I since I don’t have much to say about the two of us right now I will continue posting on this blog all about me and what I’m up to.

Confession: I think that I might have a motivation problem.

Now that Scott is back to studying every day I have had a lot of time on my hands. Why is it so easy to neglect all of the things that I need to do? It’s really easy for me to cook dinner and then just not do anything, not even the dishes. I think it’s time for me to step up and do the things that desperately need doing.

Since work has been super busy for me this last week (not busy at all), I started making a “to- do” list for pretty much every day of the week. So far I have kept up with my “to-dos” but I forgot that doing dishes on Monday does not mean there won’t be dishes to do on all of the other days of the week. I hate doing dishes, I feel like they are never ending. It has helped doing them every night so they don’t get piled up too high.

Once I get into cleaning mode I sometimes go crazy… one thing leads to another and the next think I know I am mopping, vacuuming, and dusting.  I actually really enjoy the nitty-gritty type cleaning, but I’m not as big of a fan of the picking up mess type of cleaning. I think that it is because I don’t always have a place for the things that are lying around.


Since moving out to Wisconsin I haven’t taken the time to really get organized. We have things stuffed placed because that is where we had space, and our apartment now just looks cluttered and disorganized. So over the next few weeks I am going to spend my time organizing EVERYTHING, putting up pictures, and maybe I will even do some more painting (Scott said I have to wait until it gets warmer to paint so we can open a window to air out the place, so maybe I will just think about how I will paint for the next couple months).  I’m not going to need my friends to whip me back into shape. I’m ready to start spending my time a little more wisely. I'll let you know how it goes, I'm sure I will be using a lot Pinterest to get some organization ideas.

2 comments:

  1. i don't mind doing dishes, necessarily. yes, it is never-ending. I don't like unloading the dishwasher. I feel like i can't ever get caught up on laundry.
    there never seems to be room for anything in apartments. plus, the kitchens are toosmall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! and please pass on this new motivation to me once you find it. My apartment is pretty messy, too.

    ReplyDelete