Friday, October 29, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Today (yesterday) I noticed a few extra little blessings in my life. I woke up, checked my email... and guess what I got? I got approved for unemployment!!! I am super excited, now I can only apply for the jobs that I would like to get. I don’t have to resort to the “I’m desperate, and need a job NOW” jobs just yet. I will still be looking for a new job, but this way I don’t have to stress out as much about it.
While we are on the subject of work, I picked up one of my school news papers and started flipping through the classifieds. I ended up applying for a medical assisting position. That is exactly the kind of job that I would like, but because I don’t have my medical assisting certificate, I have to find a place that is willing to train. I’m hoping that I get a call back. (Although I don’t mind not having a job at the moment)
I was supposed to take an iclicker (it’s pretty much a quiz we take by clicking in on little remote things that we had to buy) quiz in class, but the TA that was supposed to bring the quiz didn’t bring it so they postponed it. I had forgotten my iclicker at home. It was postponed though, so now I will be able to still get those points.
There is a cute boy in my D&C class. I have always thought he was pretty cute, but today he wore glasses. I don’t know why, but I have always had a secret thing for glasses. (No, Scott doesn’t wear glasses) The point is, that boy from my class just earned more points in my book. Too bad I have never talked to him... and I doubt I ever will.
My car is washed, waxed, and vacuumed! Sure that wasn’t just luck, but I love having a clean car. It makes me feel so much less stressed, my next project... my bedroom (Imagine scary music here, maybe even a scream if you want to know how I feel about this) My bedroom is in desperate need of a good cleaning, I have had time to do it, but I have decided just to ignore it, well it’s finally really starting to get to me. It must be done.
I am still struggling with meeting new people... but at least I am thinking about it more. It’s easier to meet people when you are a) at the library b) at the cougar eat or c) in class. I don’t go to the library unless there is a reason that I need to be on campus later in the day, and need to waste some time. I only go to the cougar eat on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I have a break in the classes. My biggest issue about meeting people in class is I am weird about being ON TIME (Early) to class. That means I don’t get to choose if I sit next to anyone or not. The kind of fill in the spaces around me, and depending on how big the class is, I find that the majority of the time I sit by myself.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
- She pushes me to be better, she doesn't tell me that the expectations I set for myself are too high. She encourages me to keep chugging along. Even if she thinks I have too much on my plate.
- She knows my standards, and respects me for keeping them. She doesn't try to get me to break my standards.
- She never puts me in a position that I don't want to be in.
- She doesn't call me just because she needs something. She calls me because she wants to catch up. She knows that she can call me anytime that she needs something but that isn't the only time.
- She doesn't expect me to do anything for her that she wouldn't be willing to do for me.
- She respects my standards. Even if they vary from her own she doesn't give me a hard time for believing what I believe.
- When I am studying she asks if I have time to come over and visit. She doesn't guilt me into coming over, or staying over when I tell her I need to go study.
- She never calls me late at night to tell me to come over to hang out. She knows that I go to bed early (I'm sure she does too)
- It really isn't about how often we talk.