Friday, December 24, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
- I get to talk to Scott tomorrow!! I am so excited, I love that boy, and I miss that boy, and I just am excited to talk to him. His mission president is even letting him to do skype which means video chat!! YES!!!
- My friend is coming home. Sure I saw him not too long ago, but I really do enjoy his company. I would put his name on, but by some odd chance his family looks at my blog I don't want to mess up the surprise that he is coming home.
- I get a real paycheck next week. Hallelujah, I hate the little checks that unemployment gave me (although I was very grateful for them).
- Scott has less than 4 months left! Yes, I am excited if you couldn't tell. Did I mention that I get to talk to him tomorrow? Because I do!
Monday, December 6, 2010
Monday, November 15, 2010
Saturday, November 6, 2010
Friday, October 29, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Thursday, October 14, 2010
Wednesday, October 13, 2010
Today (yesterday) I noticed a few extra little blessings in my life. I woke up, checked my email... and guess what I got? I got approved for unemployment!!! I am super excited, now I can only apply for the jobs that I would like to get. I don’t have to resort to the “I’m desperate, and need a job NOW” jobs just yet. I will still be looking for a new job, but this way I don’t have to stress out as much about it.
While we are on the subject of work, I picked up one of my school news papers and started flipping through the classifieds. I ended up applying for a medical assisting position. That is exactly the kind of job that I would like, but because I don’t have my medical assisting certificate, I have to find a place that is willing to train. I’m hoping that I get a call back. (Although I don’t mind not having a job at the moment)
I was supposed to take an iclicker (it’s pretty much a quiz we take by clicking in on little remote things that we had to buy) quiz in class, but the TA that was supposed to bring the quiz didn’t bring it so they postponed it. I had forgotten my iclicker at home. It was postponed though, so now I will be able to still get those points.
There is a cute boy in my D&C class. I have always thought he was pretty cute, but today he wore glasses. I don’t know why, but I have always had a secret thing for glasses. (No, Scott doesn’t wear glasses) The point is, that boy from my class just earned more points in my book. Too bad I have never talked to him... and I doubt I ever will.
My car is washed, waxed, and vacuumed! Sure that wasn’t just luck, but I love having a clean car. It makes me feel so much less stressed, my next project... my bedroom (Imagine scary music here, maybe even a scream if you want to know how I feel about this) My bedroom is in desperate need of a good cleaning, I have had time to do it, but I have decided just to ignore it, well it’s finally really starting to get to me. It must be done.
I am still struggling with meeting new people... but at least I am thinking about it more. It’s easier to meet people when you are a) at the library b) at the cougar eat or c) in class. I don’t go to the library unless there is a reason that I need to be on campus later in the day, and need to waste some time. I only go to the cougar eat on Tuesdays and Thursdays because I have a break in the classes. My biggest issue about meeting people in class is I am weird about being ON TIME (Early) to class. That means I don’t get to choose if I sit next to anyone or not. The kind of fill in the spaces around me, and depending on how big the class is, I find that the majority of the time I sit by myself.
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
- She pushes me to be better, she doesn't tell me that the expectations I set for myself are too high. She encourages me to keep chugging along. Even if she thinks I have too much on my plate.
- She knows my standards, and respects me for keeping them. She doesn't try to get me to break my standards.
- She never puts me in a position that I don't want to be in.
- She doesn't call me just because she needs something. She calls me because she wants to catch up. She knows that she can call me anytime that she needs something but that isn't the only time.
- She doesn't expect me to do anything for her that she wouldn't be willing to do for me.
- She respects my standards. Even if they vary from her own she doesn't give me a hard time for believing what I believe.
- When I am studying she asks if I have time to come over and visit. She doesn't guilt me into coming over, or staying over when I tell her I need to go study.
- She never calls me late at night to tell me to come over to hang out. She knows that I go to bed early (I'm sure she does too)
- It really isn't about how often we talk.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Monday, September 20, 2010
Sunday, September 19, 2010
Tuesday, July 27, 2010
I have gone on a ton of dates in the past couple of weeks. Dating really sucks, a few of the dates went well, the others… TERRIBLE. Here are the dos and don’ts if you want to date me.
DO open the car door for me. I think it is cute, and it makes a good first impression.
DON’T open the car door for me when I am getting out… that is just awkward
DON’T tell me to kiss you. If I wanted to kiss you I probably would. If I don’t than I won't, no matter how long you try to get me to kiss you.
DON’T try to force me to kiss you. I WILL make you leave.
DO show up on time. I just don’t do late, if you have a good reason, or let me know ahead of time that you are running late that is fine, but show up when you say you will.
DON’T call me a little before you were supposed to pick me up and tell me your roommate is taking me on a date instead. I agreed to go on a date with you, not your roommate, I probably would rather just stay at home, it’s not like I’m desperate.
DON’T call me after midnight and tell me you need to see me, and after I say no come over anyway. No means no.
DO tell me I look pretty. But only when you think I do, if you say it too much it gets old.
DON’T tell random people we are engaged. I know you were kidding but it really wasn’t very funny.
DON’T make me unfold my arms so you can hold my hand. Especially if we are on a first date.
DON’T keep scooting closer to me as I inch away. I am inching away on purpose.
DO keep it really relaxed on the first date. If I say yes to a second date, then maybe you have a shot. (Probably not, Scott comes home in about 9 months, but maybe)
DON’T text me a million times if I don’t get back to you right away. I don’t always have my phone on me, and I will get back to you when I can.
DON’T text me at midnight if you want to hang out… Otherwise I will assume that you aren’t just texting me to hang out and chances are I won’t text back. (Richard is the only person this doesn’t apply to)
DON’T kiss me and then avoid me for the next couple days. If you’re not interested, I will be just fine.
Dating is such a funny thing. Some days I hate it, some days I enjoy it. Some guys are retarded… need I say more?
Friday, June 11, 2010
It isn’t anything serious, nobody is in trouble, and nobody got hurt. I got a phone call today from one of those people that nobody likes to get a call from. My Bishop! I already have a calling so that crosses one thing off the list of why a bishop would call me. I am in the the Relief Society presidency, so maybe he knows of someone who could use my help, or needs a friend or something. I wouldn’t have minded if he was giving me a personal call to remind me about our “extra relief society meeting” aka enrichment activity tomorrow. I even hoped that he would ask me to make the Sacrament programs for Sunday. All those would have been simple. I didn’t get so lucky this time. I get to give a talk on Sunday, and I would like to thank my dear bishop for the short notice he gave me. I’m not very good at giving talks. In fact, I am terrible at giving talks. The last one I gave was pretty much copied from someone’s blog I follow, a couple tweaks here and there and I had a witty and entertaining talk to give. I don’t think any of the blogs I follow have anything written about the Sacrament and Why we take it, but if you’re reading this, and you know of someone who has written on their blog about it (and wouldn’t mind if I stole it) let me know. Any ideas would help, I really hate writing talks. I’m not very funny, entertaining, or knowledgeable when in comes to gospel topics.
Thursday, June 10, 2010
So this is how this feels…
For any of you that actually know anything about me, this has nothing to do with Scott. Me and him are doing great, only problem is that he is on the other side of the world. If he dumped me, I would probably still be in bed crying my eyes out.
Here’s the down low, I have been dating a guy for a month and a half or something (I haven’t really been keeping track) Well, tonight something happened that has never happed to me before. I got dumped. That’s right, I’ve never been dumped before. I was always the person dumping, not the dumped. He knew just as well as I did that it wasn’t really going anywhere. But for some reason I was affected a little differently than I thought I would be by this event. I have been thinking about breaking up with him for a while, but I didn’t want to hurt him, and I still wanted to be friends. I figure, there is no harm in just hanging out with him for a while longer. I am a little sad. I don’t know if it is because I know subconsciously that I will miss having someone around when I get home, or maybe I am just upset that it ruins my perfect record of never being dumped. Either way I just feel a little sick to my stomach about it.
Good News… 1) One of my really good friends from High School gets back from his mission in about a month! :) Then I will have someone to hang out with again. 2) There is only 10 months until Scott gets home! I just love that boy, and 10 months is still super far away, but it’s better than 24 months. 3) I sit next to this really cute guy at work, maybe I can become better friends with him!
Friday, April 30, 2010
This morning I decided to give blood… that’s right, every 8 weeks I go in to give blood. There were a couple year long periods that I couldn’t do it. But now I am all good, no new tattoos, and no going to Africa in the last year. I have given blood lots of times before, and I laugh when the person taking the blood keeps asking me if I’m okay. Lets be honest, if needles scared me I don’t think I would be planning on going into the medical field. It’s not like it hurts to give blood, and it’s not like I act like bothers me.
The good part about it… I get to wear this cute pink bandage for the next 5 hours.
Having Friends makes me happy, but dating just stresses me out. Going out on “dates” with friends is easy, super fun, and enjoyable. Most of them have known me long enough to understand that I have a missionary, and I am not looking for anything too serious right now. I’m fine with dating, but I want to wait for Scott to get back before I make any decisions. I have been out with way to many guys in the last week and a half. 3 of them I have been friends with for a while, and I love hanging out with any of them... One in particular that I have a really good time with. Then the other 2 were just kind of random that asked me out almost the first time we met. I just don’t know how to act…"No I don’t really want to hold you hand”, “Ummm… you realize you aren’t the only guy I’m dating… right?” Seriously… can’t I just be friends with all these people? I hate being mean, I want a social life, but I am just out there to have fun right now, don’t want anything serious. 3 of 5 of them kissed me… all I have to say is “Come on Boys, learn how know when a girl doesn’t really want a kiss” I guess I am just that lovable.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
I got off work a little early today, so I decided to clean up a little. I wish I would have taken a before picture, but my basement is finally starting to look good. I did a lot to change the way it looked…
- I moved the painting from my bedroom out to the living room, nobody really ever goes in my room. I probably wouldn’t let them. That is the next room on my list of places to clean.
- I bought a black curtain to go over the window behind the couch. I used to have a bright pink blanket tacked to the wall to block out the light. In reality, it blocked out some light but kind of just made the whole room look pink while the sun was out.
- I brought out my night stand from my bedroom, it makes a cute end table for the couch. I wasn’t really using it in my room anyway.
- I cleaned the carpets. Now they look so much better than they did before.
- I’ve had the black rug for a while now, but I can place it so much better now that I am not trying to strategically hide stains in the carpet.
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
Lessons that I have learned in the past month or so:
- Steve (the guy my mom is ALWAYS hanging out with) shouldn’t be allowed to get our mail… he thinks it is funny to my letters from Scott. FYI it isn’t funny… at all.
- Dating is tiring. I have been on quite a few dates in the past couple weeks. I have fun, but boy is it tiring. Sometimes it is like an interrogation. No I’m not really dating anyone. I don’t really plan on it either. I still haven’t met someone who I like more than Scott. (Who by the way has less than a year left :)…)
- My civic gets much better gas mileage than my Jetta did. With the gas prices going up again it makes a big difference.
- People like me for me… kinda weird. I have times where I like to have fun and go a little crazy… and people still like me. They might even like me more because I don’t act like I am constantly trying to make a good impression on people.
- I like being crazy, spontaneous, fun… With school and work I almost forgot that things outside of that existed. It is nice to go out every once in a while and break the chain of monotony.
- I act older than I am… I have been told this many times in the last couple of weeks. I hope it is meant as a good thing.
- I LOVE foot rubs… I never really liked people touching my feet… but it turns out if they want to rub them than it is totally worth it.
- Running makes you lose weight… No, I wasn’t really trying to lose weight, nor do I feel the need to lose it, but it’s happening. Which is weird because when I run I eat more. So shouldn’t the extra calories + exercise balance out?
- Don’t drink milk before going running… ugh! worst feeling in the world.
- I made it a full year with Scott being gone… I guess I’m not going to die. It just feels like it sometime. I still miss him like crazy.
I’m sure there are a lot more, but this will do for right now.
Friday, March 26, 2010
Update on me:
This isn’t a very interesting topic. I do the same thing everyday, day after day. Not much new happens, the worst part of my week is taking tests… I swear I have to take another test almost every week. The best part of my week is when I get a letter from Scott.
I guess I do have something to tell. About a month ago I went to the doctor, he suggested that I go get an EKG. About a week after I got it the doctors office called to let me know that I needed to make an appointment with a Cardiologist because my EKG came back abnormal. That’s all they would tell me, so I scheduled an appointment with the Cardiologist. Yesterday I went in, and he took a look at the EKG, and said, “This is a totally normal EKG, it doesn’t look like there is any problem” Awesome, I spent almost a month thinking there was something wrong with my heart… I am a little relieved to know that my EKG was normal, they did a couple other tests just to make sure everything is okay, and I will find out the results soon.
This weekend is going to be my first weekend not having a date in a little over a month. I have mixed feelings about it. I like getting out and doing stuff, it isn’t necessarily the company, it is just getting out of my routine that I like. Don’t get me wrong, there are certain guys I would rather go out with, but I miss Scott.
Update on my Mom:
She is still dating Steve, and she never comes home anymore. She comes to me for advice on what to where and whether or not she should text him. It is kind of weird being the person that people go to for advice (by people I mean people who are older than me) She seems happy to have somebody, and she keeps saying that she forgot how fun it is to date. Things are going well, she’s up in Park City with him and his kids tonight.
Update on Scott:
He’s doing great! He’s still amazing! I got a letter/tape from him today. I can’t even explain how much I miss him. It’s hard having him gone. But he hasn’t missed a week yet, I get a letter every single week and packages on special occasion. He says it is finally starting to warm up in Japan, and is looking forward to getting away from the cold. I bet he won’t be saying that when he is having to go out in the heat of summer. It’s almost been a year… Can you believe that? It’s hard to describe, but time goes by so fast, but so slow at the same time.
Anyway, that’s an update on what is going on in my life at the moment.
Monday, March 8, 2010
1) I traded in my Jetta, and got myself a little blue Honda civic. I am so glad to be out of my old car. My payment stayed about the same, but this time it isn’t a lease. I am excited to finally be buying a car… and all on my own. Look how big and independent I am getting.
2) Birthdays Galore. My Mom’s Birthday, Jason’s Birthday, Scott’s Birthday, and Jocelynn’s Birthday.
Dinner for Jason and my Mom
Jocelynn’s Birthday Dinner.
3)Hanging out with Friends… I haven’t done that in a long time!
4) Visiting Bryce in the hospital. He isn’t in the hospital anymore, but he cracks me up.
5) Timpview Basket ball game with Chase. I hardly get to see my little brothers these days. It was good to get out and hand out with Chase for a while. He taught me one thing… I NEVER want to have kids.
6) My mom started dating again. One of her friends invited her and this guy over for dinner a couple weeks ago. Then just last week he asked her to go out on Tuesday, Wednesday they went to lunch, and Thursday they went out again. I am super excited for her to start dating again. I have some mixed feelings about it though. I used to come home and watch a movie or a show with my mom, now she doesn’t even get home until after I go to bed. I kinda miss her.
7)I had a friend get divorced, a friend get married, and a friend try to get pregnant… (still don’t know if she is or not). I can’t believe how much has happened.
8) I got 2 packages from Scott, he’s doing great. He was just asked to be trainer and he is kind of nervous about it. He’s pretty cute, I like him.
9) I haven’t quit my job yet… I don’t know if I want to. I keep going back and forth on the subject. It scares me to have to possibly get new job.
Friday, February 5, 2010
This week has been a tough week. I can’t even tell you how many times I was pulled into an office, yelled at, and I left crying. I can’t handle the stress of school, and then go to work just to be yelled at. Then today I got pulled into another meeting. The first question.
“Do you know what I called you into my office to talk to you about.”
I had no idea, I figured it had something to do with everything else I had been yelled at for earlier in the week. No, he wanted to see what was going on. It wasn’t like me to be constantly taken into one of the offices and getting yelled at. Then we resolved a lot of things. Finally things are moving in a positive direction… cross your fingers that they keep going this way.
Tuesday, February 2, 2010
We will start with the Cons about my day…
- I got yelled at today at work
- I had to wake up early
- I had to take a Calc exam
- I cried at work
- It is freezing outside
- I took a Calc test today… it will be a couple weeks before another one.
- I got 90% on my Calc test… I took a picture, but it was blurry
- I had one lady just rave about how nice I am on the phone
- I got a package from Scott
- The dryer is fixed
- I got to watch Veronica Mars
- I am done for the night, which means I can go to bed.
- I was watching a video Scott sent home and he is speaking Japanese and I could pick out a couple words… which I think is a good thing
The pros out way the cons. Life is still good.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Today I was at ward prayer, and we do something called “nice notes” You can write a note to someone in the ward and then it gets delivered to them. Then today someone said, I would write you a note, but you don’t live here… Hmmm… Thanks? I just don’t fit in very well. First of all, I don’t really go out of my way to meet new people. Second of all I live outside of the apartment complex, so I guess that makes me an outsider.
I am a little jealous, not that I want to have a social life, but I do like to fit in. I loved freshman year living in apartments. I like when people know who I am, I like when people like me. Just not enough to give up my free rent, and good grades.
Today was a pretty long day. I took a test, and then I spent most of my time up in Salt Lake with a friend. You know nothing too eventful. I also filed my taxes. I love it when it says I am going to get a pretty big return. I think I know exactly what I want the return to go towards. I know it’s past midnight… so does that mean I missed a day on my blog? or does the day count from when I wake up to when I go to bed?
Friday, January 29, 2010
First of all I don’t have anything fun or exciting to talk about, second of all I need to study. I have my first Molecular Biology Test tomorrow. Wish me luck, tomorrow is going to be a long day. Sorry so short, maybe something eventful will happen tomorrow.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
- I have a fear of being handicapped and not having anyone tell me that I am.
- I am afraid that I am going to be hit by someone riding a bike on campus.
- I am afraid that I can’t do everything that I want to do.
- I am afraid of what others think of me.
- I am afraid of saying something stupid in front of a group of people so I stay pretty much to myself.
- I don’t know if I am afraid of heights, but I certainly don’t like them
- I am afraid of letting people down.
- I am afraid to be late… if I am late to class, or church then I usually won’t go because I hate it so much.
- I am afraid of the future.
- High expectations scare me to death
- Not being perfect scares me, (I know that nobody is, but I don’t want other people to know that I’m not)
- I am afraid of losing my job. (although I secretly want to)
- I am afraid of getting bad grades.
But fear is what drives me… because I fear failure it makes me work that much harder so that I don’t fail. I just cross my fingers that my fear is enough to make me successful. If that even makes sense.
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
It has only been 27 days and I am out of stories for my blog. I don’t know how anybody does the whole blogging daily thing. Maybe it helps that the people that do have things to write about everyday, have a life. You know, a family, kids, something more than school and work.
Thoughts about my life: Lets see, I have two midterms this week. I had another boy introduce himself and talk to me during class. It is freezing outside. I want to learn more about computer programs. I don’t like having a 35 minute commute to work. I don’t like my hair. I like feeling smart. I am still trying to figure out what to do about work. I am sad that the person I sit next to at work is quitting soon. I am supposed to be training for that relay, but haven’t been (it’s too cold). I think Japanese is kind of fun. Flakey people drive me insane. Wow, I have a boring life…
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
The other day I ran into one of my roommates from freshman year. I love that girl! She recently just got married, and I have only seen her once or twice since the wedding reception.
She’s so cute, I asked her what is new in her life and she said that she loves being a wife. She gets to clean and do laundry… you know what every good wife does. The funny thing is she is perfect for that role. I am pretty sure she was raised to be a homemaker. I am going to make a prediction, I bet she will be pregnant by the time fall semester rolls around.
I miss the days living at Wyview. Seriously, I think freshman year was one of my favorite times. I’m still young and I have plenty more times ahead of me, but I miss being a crazy, carefree, fun, freshman. Those were the days…
Just hanging out with Amelia and Zani
My daily dose of pancakes…
Amber Allie time
Old Boy Friends…
The comic that I never finished… maybe one of these days.
And of course Scott!
Freshman was a good year!
Monday, January 25, 2010
I need to get a package out to Scott sometime next week. I hate having to plan things weeks in advance so that he will get them in time. There’s Valentines day (February 14th) and Scotts Birthday (February 17th) It’s nice that I can cram two holidays into one. Sending packages to Japan isn’t very cheap, and I don’t have a lot of money. This is what I started today for his package.
It’s a canister that I decorated. I think it’s pretty cute… but the best part is what I am putting in it.
Little “love notes”, they are mostly just funny little stories and inside jokes, but I thought it was a cute idea…
I’m always on the look out for more ideas on what to send Scott. So if you have any ideas let me know.
Sunday, January 24, 2010
I didn’t get a nap in like I was hoping for, but my day wasn’t too bad today. I updated most of the ward directory, and even made some flyers for the ward party coming up.
I hate to admit it, but I am kind of anti social these days. I went to ward prayer and there was a mix and mingle after. I don’t think that I was made to mingle. I just don’t like it very much. It wasn’t too bad, I didn’t really meet anyone new. Maybe I should work on the whole having a social life thing.
This weeks social goals:
- Go to a movie with Jessica like I promised
- Go to dinner with Sheyene, apparently she has lots to update me on.
- Get together with Kalie… I guess she has a new guy named David that she needs to tell me about.
I think that it enough social interaction for a week.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Saturdays are my favorite day of the week. Here’s why;
- I don’t have school
- I don’t have work
- I can sleep in if I really want to
- I can do laundry, there’s nothing like having clean clothes
- I can get all my homework done
- I can relax, and watch TV
- I can get everything cleaned up
- I can not put make up on
- I don’t have to shower and do my hair
- I can stay in pajamas all day
- I can get ready for Sunday
- I can go to bed early
Today was a GREAT day. I finished up my paper that is due next week, I got another 100% on a Molecular Biology quiz, I finished my math that is due on Tuesday, and I even managed to watch a little Veronica Mars. I also got a hair cut… I didn’t take a before photo, but I will have to take some pictures of myself tomorrow (after I get ready). My family doesn’t think there is much of a difference, but I cut off about 3 inches and I definitely can feel the difference. I like this whole not doing homework on Sundays thing… Now tomorrow will be easy.
Friday, January 22, 2010
Nothing is happening in my life, but I think that this video is ridiculous. You’ll have to let me know what you think. This is what Scott ate for Dinner this Christmas.
Click here for the video.
ps. isn’t he cute? Although the video is somewhat disturbing?
Thursday, January 21, 2010
My classes start at 8:00 in the morning. Which isn’t too early, but it’s early enough that it hasn’t warmed up too much. It is freezing in the morning… I am not too fond of the cold (I think that it is because I grew up in Arizona) but after a certain amount of time you start to get used to the weather. I never thought I would say it, but 30 degrees isn’t too bad after you get used to it. This morning was a new experience for me. It was snowing, and I actually enjoyed it. Snow is beautiful, it’s white, and clean (I don’t know how clean it actually is, but it looks clean) There is just something refreshing about it. Then I get into my car, and start driving, any love that I had for the snow is gone. I hate driving in the snow. Also, I wouldn’t try wearing a pair of shoes you haven’t worn in a couple of years in the snow, chances are if they are old then they don’t keep your feet dry. Wet feet in the snow is not a good thing. I do love the way snow looks though.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
I promise that I’m not stupid. I don’t laugh, not because I don’t get the joke, but because I don’t think it is funny. I promise I am not a dumb person. Yes, I knew the answers to the questions you were asking me, but I acted like I didn’t just so you would stop talking… I’m a brat. I don’t think I am better than anyone else, but sometimes I get really bugged by stupid people. They laugh at stupid things that aren’t funny, they ask questions about things they probably should have learned in elementary school. Sometimes they catch me in a good mood and I will throw out a pity laugh, or even explain a couple concepts. But most of the time I just get annoyed. I should probably work on that. One of these days I am going to have to ask my neighbor a question and I am sure they will have the same thoughts run through their head. For the most part, I’m not stupid. At least I don’t think I’m stupid. Just thought I would clear up any misconceptions about me.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Last Saturday was the deadline to take a pretest for my calculus class. It counts for 3 homework assignments. I totally forgot to take it. I have no good excuses, it just completely slipped my mind. I can’t believe that I forgot to take it! I have been beating myself up over forgetting since I realized I am retarded. I kept thinking maybe I will email the professor and he will make a exception for me. If I was going to do that I would have to come up with a really good excuse for why I didn’t take it in time. Or I could just tell the truth and say I totally spaced, and he might take pity on me and let me take it late. I got home from work today and I had an email from my teacher saying that he extended the deadline until Monday for the class to take it. I didn’t have to lie and come up with a stupid excuse for why I am a slacker. I didn’t even have to admit that I made a mistake. the problem just took care of itself. Lucky me…
Monday, January 18, 2010
Amy gives a fresh new perspective on life. With a crazy schedule and a house full of kids her life is never at a stand still. She has a talent for showing her followers a glimpse of her life. Letting her readers experience a wide range of emotions, sadness, happiness, and laughter with her. Her personality is shown through her witty and fun way of telling her stories. She has a sense of humor that is hilarious although others (apparently) may find it offensive. She has a house full of children, and yet she still wants more. She is a fabulous mother, sister, friend, aunt, and wife, and she cares about others. She is dedicated to sharing her life with people through her writing. Amy knows exactly who she is, and she is okay with herself. She is someone that many look up to, her optimistic outlook on life, her love for her family, and her sense of humor are just a few of the traits we all love about her. Her blog is a must read, entertaining, and full of surprises. Check it out.
I hope that you have had a great Birthday! I love being able to get to know you and your family better through your blog. I love that you take the time to read and comment on my blog. It is one of those things I look forward to, it keeps me writing. Thanks for letting me get to know you better (even if it’s only through your blog) and for keeping up with what is happening in my life. I love you, and Happy Birthday.
Sunday, January 17, 2010
I love the bishopric in my ward. They all take the time to get to know us, and what is going on in our lives. My Bishop is the best. I don’t know how he does it. Every time he sees me he asks me something that is specific to what is going on in my life. I bet he could tell you more about what is going on with my life than even my dad could. (For any of you who know my dad, that probably doesn’t mean a whole lot) I just really like that they care enough to keep up with us. All I have to say is my Bishopric rocks!
Saturday, January 16, 2010
I did it! I bought myself a new camera! It’s nothing fancy but it is mine! This time I will have it in my possession for longer than a couple weeks. This will be a first. I always seem to lend out my new gadgets when I have only had them for a couple of weeks. Then I never get them back. My first camera I ever bought for myself was for my trip to Africa, then as soon as I got home Jason got his hands on it… Haven’t seen it since. The same thing happened with my Ipod, it was brand new… I wonder if he even knows where it’s at. I guess the good thing about people stealing your stuff is you can use it for a gift to them when you don’t have the money or time to get them a present, and you know that you should have. Jason got my camera for his wedding… by that point it had stopped working, but that is his problem, not mine.
So, Brooke. Merry Christmas 2008. My dad never got you a present, so consider that little blue camera that I haven’t seen in… a long time a present to you. You can have it, keep it, consider it yours. And for anyone who would like to borrow my camera, No. If you want I will come take pictures for you though.
Friday, January 15, 2010
She had to get her wisdom teeth taken out today. Luckily me and her only have our upper ones, the bottom never grew in. I am supposed to be getting mine out soon, but I haven’t called to schedule it. Ewww, I don’t want to get mine taken out. Kelci said she could feel presure, and then she could hear things cracking. When I get mine out, I am definitely going to have to be put under. I can deal with blood, but I don’t like the harshness of dealing with bones and teeth. So orthopedic surgery is off my list of specialties. I will probably wait for a while to get mine out, it isn’t like they are doing anything, they are just sitting there. All the of dentist I have been to before the one I am going to right now have told me that I don’t have to worry about my wisdom teeth. Kelci is just miserable, now that the numbness is going away. There isn’t really anything that I can do for her. I told her I would sit with her and watch a movie or something. Plus I hope that the Tylenol PM kicks in soon so she can get some sleep tonight.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
It has been about 2 weeks since I got my last letter from Scott. Well, today I got two! I can’t tell you how much I enjoy getting letters from him. It’s the highlight of my week. He’s doing really well, and he’s cute. He’s had 3 baptisms in the past 3 weeks. I think that’s awesome. He’s doing great, and getting chubby… I think it’s funny!
While in the MTC:
He says that it is only his face that is chubby, but I can’t tell because this is how he is dressed in all the pictures. . It totally cracks me up.
Also, Today was my first day of running… All I have to say is what was I thinking. First of all it is freezing outside, secondly since when do I like to run? Maybe I will stick with in, and get into amazing shape or something. I hear the first few runs are the hardest and then it kind of becomes addictive.
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Remember how like 6 months ago I though that it would be a good idea to start training for a relay? Well, that relay is in 6 months and it has been too cold to train. I guess this means that I might actually have to start using my gym pass that I pay for every month. Everyone that I know who has done it, loved it. I want to do it, it would look good on my list of things I’ve accomplished in my life, but I really don’t want to start training. I only need be able to run about 10 miles… I know I’m crazy. Check out the route, http://www.ragnarrelay.com/wasatchback/coursemaps. I don’t know which runner I am yet, but I definitely have the hills to train on considering I live on a mountain. Do I really have the motivation to train? Probably not, but I think Courtney would be mad if I didn’t try. Wish me luck.
Favorite quotes from my professors:
“Oh my gosh, I am being hugged by a prostitute”
“Don’t spit on your over head, it shows up”
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
- I won’t drink tap water, I only drink bottled or filtered water
- I think Orange flavored candies are almost the worst flavor ever
- I have a lot of OCD tendencies. (I have to recopy my math homework so it looks pretty, stuff like that)
- I am 5’10, and I wish I were shorter.
- I am some sort of Science major at BYU, maybe PDBio, maybe Microbiology. I just need to choose.
- I have the typical Mormon hobbies (quilting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- I love to travel, and I wish I had the money and time to do it.
- My mom is one of my best friends.
- I don’t like English, and I avoid all English classes mainly because I suck at it. Which you probably know if you read my blog very often.
- Science and math come much easier for me.
- I am interested in why things work the way they do, I think that is why I like science and math.
- I over analyze EVERYTHING!
- I love playing board games, and card games.
- I know how to solve a Rubiks cube.
- I am always cold, sometimes even in the summer.
- I am a perfectionist (kind of goes along with #3)
- I sleep with 3 blankets every night
- I hate asking for help, even though I know life would be much easier if I just got over myself and ask for help
- I hate driving by myself, so I am always on my phone or try to be with someone else.
- Black and gray make up the majority of my clothing.
- I love getting things in the mail, so it is officially my job to get the mail and I get mad if they get it first.
- I have a list of 200 things I want to do before I die (maybe that will be my post for another night when I have nothing to write about)
- I have a hard time saying no to people, even though I don’t have time to do the things people ask me to do.
- I am going against a Harward trait, which means trying really hard not to be a flake
- I rarely wear matching socks, I have lots of colors and I don’t bother to sort them.
Monday, January 11, 2010
Let’s see, I got up early, went to School. Left School, went to work, hated work… This sounds like pretty much everyday of my life.
I guess there where a couple highlights to my day:
- I actually said hi to my cousin in class, I don’t think he cared too much. Oh well, at least I made an effort.
- I ran into one of my favorite people today on campus. I love her to death, and I wish I got to see her more often.
- I got to work on commission stuff at work, I really like working with commissions. Too bad that ended pretty quickly.
- I got to go shopping with my mom, she bought a couple new outfits. Plus she bought me a couple pieces of jewelry and a sweatshirt.
My life is pretty boring, isn’t it? I do the same things everyday. I stay really busy, but nothing too eventful happens. Aren’t you glad that I don’t write you a letter ever week. Poor Scott.
Sunday, January 10, 2010
I swear, Sundays are just as much work as any other day of the week. I think mostly it is so much work because I’m Mormon. In order to be qualified as active you have to attend meetings after meetings. For the average person there is the 3 hour block every Sunday. Sacrament, Gospel Doctrine, and then Relief Society/Priesthood. Then there are the yearly interviews that typically take place around your birthday. (I think this is to make sure they don’t miss anyone.) Then there is the end of the year tithing settlements, temple interviews. Church takes up a lot of time. Then you get a calling. Which you don’t mind doing, it will help you get to know others in the ward, so it shouldn’t be too bad. Wrong, that’s when they throw on a bunch more meetings that you are supposed to attend. Also being in a singles ward you are expected to attend FHE on Mondays. Then when you can’t go, people in the ward come and ask you where you were last Monday and why you didn’t attend FHE. They act like they genuinely care, but you know most people just want to boost their stats. They have that, “we don’t want you to become inactive” look in their eye. Then when I tell them that I work, and it doesn’t fit into my schedule they relax a little, let it sink in, then ask if there is anyway that I can change my schedule so I can get off earlier. Also, I can’t forget about Institute, every Tuesday and Wednesday. Well, I can’t attend that either. I promise I am not going inactive, but it just seems like sometimes it requires a lot to be what most consider an “Active Mormon”. Sometimes I just want to give up.
This month there have been 3 ward council meetings. There is another next week. I am hardly able to sit through 3 hours, but now my 3 hours is more like 4.5 hours. Oh, and making a ward directory sucks! Do you know how much time it takes every semester? My point is, Sunday is a lot of work, and some of it isn’t as painful as other parts. But it is work none then less and I don’t think it can be considered part of my weekend. You know the break you get after a long week. It is more like work to start to a long week. You do what you have to. :)
Saturday, January 9, 2010
I have been trying to get the whole basement completely cleaned and organized today. Even though a lot of improvement has been made, I am still not very satisfied. Why do I have so much STUFF. It’s a work in progress and maybe one of these days I will actually finish getting everything put together.
After a long day of cleaning I thought I deserved a treat. So I asked my mom if she wanted to go to Target with me to get some ice cream. Anyone who knows my family very well know that we are very loyal Target fans. That’s where you will find us at 3:00am on Black Friday. Me, my mom, Jason, and Kelci have all worked there. I probably spend 2 or so hours a week there… even if I don’t need anything. Mostly just to blow time between school and work. Target is our store, I could probably point you in the right direction better than an employee when trying to find something. Well, our quick ice cream trip turned into a 2 hour adventure. We didn’t do anything in particular, just walked around and made fun of all the crazy things that people actually buy. The $3.00 I was planning on spending quickly turned into $70.00. Did I really need the shelves, or a season of Veronica Mars, or the picture frames? No, not really. Did I want them? Indeed I did. I am happy with my purchases. But I can’t say the same about the amount in my bank account. I love Target, I really do, but I need to banned. I’m addicted, I can’t get in and out with out buying something completely unnecessary.
Friday, January 8, 2010
High School was a breeze for me. I worked minimal hours, all of the concepts were really easy. I didn’t really have to try, it just came to me. BYU is the complete opposite as that. My first two semesters were pretty easy, mostly just boring generals that I wanted to get out of the way. My second year at BYU was okay, I stressed out about EVERYTHING. This past semester, was tough until I dropped Calc, then things got a whole lot easier. I’m not far enough into the semester to really know how it’s going to turn out.
I never had good study habits before. High School is where you are supposed to learn good study habits. I never had to study to get the grade. This past week, I have done all of my work, and it felt good to go to class prepared. I am going into the weekend and I don’t have any homework to do. Usually my weekends are filled with trying to catch up on the reading or trying to catch up on any missed sleep. I am a natural procrastinator. But I am totally caught up (sure it’s only been a week but I have had 4 quizzes so far) and I am getting plenty of sleep. This is very weird territory for me, but I like it. One week down, many more to go, I wonder how long I will be able to keep this up.
Thursday, January 7, 2010
It’s 9:13 and I am already done for the day. How awesome is that? Yesterday I decided to ask to take today off from work. Then towards the end of my shift my supervisor asked if I wanted to leave early. It was only about a half an hour early, so I was completely up to going home for the night. Then he said, “And you don’t have to come in tomorrow” My first thought was, Oh crap is this the way they are letting me know I am fired. Then after a moment of panic I remembered I requested the day off only a couple hours before. So, today I get to have a break mostly because I wanted to make sure I didn’t do anything to stupid at work. That’s not why I’m smart though.
I had my math lab today and the TA put up a couple questions on the board. She asked us to work by ourselves and do the best that we could to solve the problems. After about 10 minutes she asked us to get into pairs and help each other with any problems that we had in solving them. I sit in the back of the class usually. A boy moved back to sit next to me. He compared answers with me on the first couple problems, and then he asked how I did the last one. I gave a short explanation for how to plug in the right numbers and he smile and nodded like he followed what I was talking about then I see him look at what I got, write down the answer, and then he asked me to compare. Of course it was exactly what I had written on my paper. I thought it was kind of funny though. Then I stood up to leave after class and he asks if we can study sometime. I have no problem with studying but my schedule sure isn’t very fun to work with. I told him I would be fine with studying with him, and I turned to leave the class. As I am walking away he says, “Can I at least get your number?” I guess that would be helpful wouldn’t it. I haven’t ever done the whole study thing with a group or another person before because I get bothered easily when I have to explain things more than once or twice. But I am flattered, at least someone thinks I’m smart.
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
I haven’t ever realized how much fun reading can be. I LOVE it! I am a little disappointed that I have been missing out on all the fun for most of my life. I don’t even know where it started. I just picked up a book, finished it, started on a new book an finished it…and now I am looking for some suggestions. This whole reading thing is new to me. It’s exciting. I’ve never had the urge in my life to read, but something changed. I am required to read one book for my mission prep class. I bought all three of the options and I am half way done with the first one. Sure it isn’t the most interesting read, but I think it has some great lessons in it. I enjoy reading just about anything. Crazy. I never thought I would be one of those reading type people.
I am slowly getting better at reading. Which I have found useful when there is a large reading assignment for classes. Science will always be a difficult read, but I don’t get tired of reading as easily.What a great thing to love. Life is great… new hobbies are great… and I like to read, who would have thought?