Tuesday, June 2, 2009

21 day challenge is over…

For the last 21 days I have been doing this “21-day challenge” for work. It included cutting meat from my diet, cutting out any processed sugars, exercising, meditation, and drinking Zrii. I can’t  believe how much of a difference those changes have made. I don’t feel as sick to my stomach as often, my skin is starting to look more clear (It wasn’t very bad in the first place) but I am definitely noticing some differences. I think that I will stick to eating this way for a while.

Crazy idea… The girl that I sit next to at work asked me if I wanted to do a relay with her and a bunch of other people next June. I have a list of things that I want to do before I die, and run a marathon is one of them. I think that it will be fun, and it will be a good motivation to start getting active again. The relay is a 186 mile run between 12 people. Each person will run 3 different legs of the race. It starts in Logan, goes down to Heber, and then up to Park City. The goal is to it within a 24 hour period. I am officially going to start training for this now, so I can do it next summer without dying. Since I am going to be in shape, I figure I will probably do the Salt Lake City Marathon next year too(That was Courtney’s idea). I’m actually really excited about it. The first couple weeks of training are going to be the hardest, after that everything will get easier.

I have to leave for work right now, I will update more later.

5 comments:

  1. that is so not one of my life's goals. but good for you =). and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've actually known a couple people that did that team-relay thing. it looked kind of fun- except for the running part. good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Does that meat NO meat or just less meat? What do you eat for your proteins?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eat tofu, and I eat yogurt. Both of those have a good amount of protien in them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I bet you feel great. I don't know how you do it- no sugar? I'm impressed! And that's way cool about the marathon. I hope you do it!

    ReplyDelete