Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Things that make me smile

Quotes from today that made me smile.

Between my boss, and one of the employees at work:

Jake: “I didn’t take your phone, I swear on Zach’s dead grandma. (Zach do you have a dead grandma?)”

Zach: “I do, but I don’t know if that makes it worse or better.”

From Amy’s Blog:

Nolan: “his life has writing on it, my life is blank”

From work. Me and a one of my friends were separated at work and so we were writing notes on a paper crinkling it up and throwing it at each other.

Zach: “Why don’t you just use the phone, or email each other?”

Me: “This way is more fun”

Zach: “This way is also wireless”

My favorite response to the question Why does Donald duck wear a towel around his waist when he gets out of the shower, but on a normal day he doesn’t wear any pants.

Jace: “Ducks get excited in water, he doesn’t normally have anything to hide.”

Other things that make me smile

I was walking on campus the other day and I saw 2 guys sitting on the sidewalk. One was wearing a helmet and the other wasn’t. I thought it was kind of a funny site. As I got closer I saw that the boy without the helmet only had one shoe on. His shoe was on the other side of the of the sidewalk. Then I notice a bike laying on the ground a little further down. I can’t believe it, a pedestrian was hit by someone on a bike. (At least that validates my fear of people on bikes while I am walking through campus) both of them were completely fine, but I almost wish I would have seen it happen.

Family who actually cares about what is going on in your life. (Amy thanks for taking the time to read my blog, and take an interest in my life)

Getting a letter in the mail every week from Scott. I swear that his letters have the best timing  they come on days that I really need a pick me up.

Getting FB messages from people you haven’t talked to in a while.

Getting to eat dinner with one of my really good friends and her husband.

My living room is now clean… it’s about time

Clean Laundry, I never realized how many more options I have when my clothes are clean.

French Fries, Dancing, Reading to name just a few.

4 comments:

  1. just to let you know that i read your blog all the time, i just don't comment on any blog very often. i like being able to know whats going on in peoples lives through blogs. thanks for keeping us updated. i love yo

    ReplyDelete
  2. where's your favorite quote from my blog? i also read every post you make. don't try to make amy out to be a hero. always makes me smile to see you post on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yo, i love yo, too.

    um, i AM a hero, brooke. don't be jealous.

    that quote of nolan's might be my favorite quote ever.

    thanks for your list, amber. it's always great to be able to recognize the good things in our lives. i'll bet you're even continuing to think of things throughout the day that you wish you would have added to this list.

    and also, i think scott might be a keeper. don't want to scare you or anything, but you never know...
    i like that kid.

    ReplyDelete