Thursday, March 12, 2009

Catching up

I just barely wrote  a huge post… then this stupid program decided to close… it doesn’t make me very happy. Here is the gist of what it said.

I really need to start buckling down. I want to eventually go to medical school, but at the rate I am going that isn’t going to be an option. I don’t have terrible grades, but they aren’t good enough to get into a good medical school. I need to start doing everything that I hate doing, like homework and studying.

I took this semester off, and extended some of my deadlines from classes I took last semester. So, I have been working, and doing a little of homework here and there. But I have developed some really bad habits, such as staying up late, being lazy… I haven’t really had to do much other than work, laundry, and sleep since January. I need to take two Chemistry tests before the end of May, and if I want to do well I am going to need to start studying soon. I know that may is a long way away, but I really don’t want to have to cram for my final.  This means that I am going to have to start going to bed earlier so I can get up earlier. If I am going to bed earlier than I will have to cut back on the amount of time I will be hanging out with people.

I am taking classes spring term at BYU, so that will be in a month and a half. I am so excited to get back to class. I enjoy going to my classes, and I like being on Campus, it is a fun school to go to. I don’t look forward to the homework though. It seems like I can never get it done when I am at home. There is always something going on when I am trying to be productive. My mom and my little sister can be really distracting sometimes. I think that I will make it a goal to spend more time this semester at the library studying. More time at the library = better grades… at least I am hoping the two go hand in hand.

More news… Allison is engaged. I think that some of you know who she is, she was my roommate from last year (…unofficially). She will be getting married in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple towards the end of June. She is one of the last of my friends to get married. Every time a wedding comes up I can’t believe how old I am. Not that I am old…I just can’t believe I am old enough to have friends that are married… old enough that I could get married. SCARY!

I didn’t ever get to post about the Jazz game that me and Kelci went to last week. It was a lot of fun. My work gave me two tickets to the Jazz vs. the Rockets. We got fed dinner, and then to get to our seats we went all the way down to the floor level. The seats were amazing… 2nd row, which is more like the 5th row. They are probably the best seats that I will ever get to sit in. Here is what I learned.

1) Basketball players are HUGE!

2) Yoa Ming is Ugly, and awkward

3) Sports are so much better in person

4) When you sit that close to the court you really can smell the sweat

5) It was fun hanging out with Kelci at the game

6) President Uchtdorf likes the Jazz, and he had better seats than we did. (I zoomed in one of the pictures, which were taken on my phone and not very good quality. At the beginning of the game I leaned over and said that old guy over there looks like Uchtdorf… then at about half time I realized it really was him.)

That catches you up on the most recent events.

2 comments:

  1. this is the 3rd time and last time i'll try to comment. the comment box keeps shutting down on me.

    yes, the studying at the library = better grades [so does regular scripture study and NOT studying on Sundays. seriously]

    and basketball {and all sports games} are way more fun in person- even if you don't think you like the sport.

    jealous you get to hang out with your sister. enjoy it while you can....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cut more time from hanging out? I already never see you :(

    ReplyDelete