Sunday, March 29, 2009

Overnight with the Young Women

Friday I got to go up to the Sherwood Hills Resort with the young women in my ward. The Young Womens President owns it, and it was closed down for the winter. Which means we pretty much had the hotel completely to ourselves. A whole hotel to yourself, how much better could life get? Anyway, it was a lot of fun. The resort is in a canyon, somewhere around Brigham City.

We got there, unloaded our stuff, and got a tour of the hotel. Michelle showed us the cool suites and stuff. The spa, and the pool. When that was all said and done, we got to make pizzas. It was a lot of fun. I was surprised how easy it was to satisfy 16 people while making the pizzas. After dinner most of the girls went swimming. I didn’t bring my swimming suit, but I went down and watched.

After the girls got out of the hot tub we all went and watched parts of a John Bytheway DVD. It was pretty good, I really like John Bytheway, he is a good speaker. After that me and Kelci went to our room and she wanted to go to bed. I wasn’t very tired and so I stayed up to study for a while. My mom came in to go to bed around 2:00, so I decided it might be a good idea for me to get some sleep too… wow, I forgot that my mom snores. I didn’t realize that she was almost as bad as my dad was. I kept thinking “I will give her five more minutes” She wouldn’t stop snoring, so I would start getting out of bed so I could tap her and tell her to roll over or something. But of course the second I sat up she would stop snoring. I would lay back down and she would start up again. I ended up out in the hall doing some more Chemistry.

The next day we got a full on breakfast, eggs, french toast, hash browns, sausage, bacon, cinnamon rolls, juice… the works. The girls went sledding in the 4 ft of snow. My mom ended up hurting her knee pretty bad. I stayed in my hotel room and studied…I was very productive, probably because there wasn’t anyone or anything to distract me. The girls came back, we ate a late lunch while watching Twilight. We all got ready and then we headed to SLC. We got to the Conference Center, and our seats were way up on the balcony. It was a pretty good, I actually think that I enjoy the Relief Society’s better. We met up with Amy and Ellie afterwards for a couple minutes.  Then we joined our ward at Sweet Tomato for dinner.

I am so glad to be home… sleeping in my own bed without the sound of snoring…


  1. don't ask how I found your blog, but I did. is it creepy :)? Sounds fun! Hope your mom is okay witht he whole knee thing. We should get together sometime soon and play games or do anything since we never see each other. I bet your glad the semester's almost over ?!

  2. can't. stand. snoring. [even though i've been told i am a snorer at times]

    i had so much fun with you guys tonight. thanks so much for coming all the way up here to play games!!

  3. was her snoring as loud as grandpa's?
    anyway, glad to hear that you had fun. bummer about your mom's knee, i hope she is ok.