Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Day…

I almost cried today at work… not tears of sadness, but tears of joy. I have been struggling quite a bit at work with my supervisor. It isn’t that I don’t like her, she is hilarious. I just  think that she likes to be in control of ALL situations. Even situations that she isn’t involved in. I will be on the phone and she will ask me to take a call. I kill myself at work because I am CONSTANTLY busy. She also will tell me to take a phone call right after I hang up with someone… I usually say one sec let me put in a note… then she says but it is in overflow (the call has waited 1 minute) really, my note will take me 15 seconds. Then when I do what she tells me and skip making the notes on the account I get in trouble, there is no way to win.

These are my favorite responses that she gives me:

“Just because I don’t look busy doesn’t mean that I’m not” ummm…. okay?

“Absolutely not” This is her response when another department has asked for my help with something. I never ask if I can help another department unless calls are slow… but I guess I should just sit and do nothing… so much more productive.

When I have someone demanding to talk to my supervisor, “Let me just put notes on this account” She isn’t very fast at typing and half of the time I can’t understand her notes anyway. I tell her that all the time, but does it matter when I am leaving notes… nope, only when she is.

She is from India, and she has an accent and hasn’t quite mastered English grammatically. I really wouldn’t mind her if she wasn’t telling me what to do every second of the day.

This is when the crying comes in… We were in a team meeting and she had news to tell us. She is switching departments and in two weeks she will no longer be my supervisor. What? Seriously? I walked back onto the call floor and said… “Now I don’t have to quit… I was this close” I already started working on my resume. I started laughing… this was AWESOME! I looked at Joce and she was laughing too , which made me laugh harder… Soon tears were streaming down my face. Yes, this is how happy I am that my supervisor isn’t going to be my supervisor for long.

No comments:

Post a Comment