Friday, January 8, 2010

So this is what it feels like to be prepared

High School was a breeze for me. I worked minimal hours, all of the concepts were really easy. I didn’t really have to try, it just came to me. BYU is the complete opposite as that. My first two semesters were pretty easy, mostly just boring generals that I wanted to get out of the way. My second year at BYU was okay, I stressed out about EVERYTHING. This past semester, was tough until I dropped Calc, then things got a whole lot easier. I’m not far enough into the semester to really know how it’s going to turn out.

I never had good study habits before. High School is where you are supposed to learn good study habits.  I never had to study to get the grade. This past week, I have done all of my work, and it felt good to go to class prepared. I am going into the weekend and I don’t have any homework to do. Usually my weekends are filled with trying to catch up on the reading or trying to catch up on any missed sleep. I am a natural procrastinator. But I am totally caught up (sure it’s only been a week but I have had 4 quizzes so far) and I am getting plenty of sleep. This is very weird territory for me, but I like it. One week down, many more to go, I wonder how long I will be able to keep this up.

1 comment:

  1. i hate to tell you this, but it's because you're only a week into the semester. the "preparedness" feeling will wear off in about 2 weeks. that's when you'll start to feel way behind. good luck!

    awesome that you're feeling prepared at school, with plenty of sleep, AND still bloggin regularly!

    ReplyDelete