I am just hoping that this year goes by just as quickly as 2009. I have kind of been in a funk since Christmas, and I am dying for time to speed up again. Christmas break has been awesome, I have gotten to relax a little, and sleep in. Time goes by way to slowly when I am not having to do homework or study. Plus, not having a social life kind of makes time seem slower too.
My Christmas was perfect. I don’t think that I could have asked for anything better. Here’s why:
- I got to sleep in
- My dad and the boys came over for presents and breakfast
- My mom made waffles, I really like waffles
- I got to open presents (sorta)
- We hung out over at Jason and Joce’s house and ate dinner with them
- I got to talk with Scott of the phone… :) (Yes, I cried)
- I got even more presents
- I got to play games with Scotts family
- I got to play games with Jason, Joce, her parents, my mom, Kelci, Bryce, and Chandler (aka Cameron, who is Jocelynn’s brother and Kelci’s boyfriend at the moment)
I don’t think I would change anything from my day. Maybe the anxiety about being able to talk to Scott.
Ever since then I have kind of been dreading the next year and a half… I forget sometimes how much I miss Scott, and talking to him definitely got me thinking. It’s a little less than a year and a half, but from where I am standing right now that seems like eternity. I am sure time will go by quickly again once I am back and school, and constantly busy, but time just doesn’t seem to go by quick enough.
New Years… was really fun. A friend drove up from California to spend some time with me. He came over and we played a couple games with my mom. At midnight we went outside and we banged on some pots and pans. Lit some sparklers and threw those pop things on the ground. Bryce was quite the entertainer. He was being so funny with the sparklers, he reacted to each sparkler a different way, those are the moments where I really wish I had a video camera. Then later Kelci and Cameron came over and played games with us. Pretty good new year.
UPDATE ON SCOTT: He is doing really good right now. He has had a couple baptisms, and he is loving being in Japan. He has written me every single week since he has been gone, and even sent me a couple packages. He’s pretty great. I think that everyone in my family agrees that he is a keeper. We’ll see what happens… :)
New Years Resolutions:
- This year I am finally going to try Stacy’s…? advice. I am going to try to put scripture study and prayer before my school studies.
- I need to be better about writing Scott every week, I do send him emails but, letters in the mail are so much more fun than emails.
- Do all of my homework before it is actually due so I am not rushing around last minute to get it done.
- Put 30% of every pay check into savings… it’s about time I start saving some money just incase I need it later.
- Learn Japanese… this one is kind of just for fun, and I thought it would be a fun surprise for Scott when he gets home. I bought the Japanese Rosetta Stone today… This will be very interesting.
- Cross off 10 thing from my “to do before I die” list.
- Be a better daughter (maybe I should talk to my dad more often than once a month)
- Be a better sister, keep up with what is happening in Jason’s life, and get to know my sister a little better
I can’t really think of very many things right now, but that’s a good start. If you have any other suggestions of things I might want to work on during 2010, let’s hear it.
Happy New Year everyone!